The year 2020 has seen us grappling with one of the deadliest pandemics of recent times. Coronavirus or Covid-19 has created havoc, affecting the global health scenario. The world has witnessed millions of deaths already. With the anti-virus vaccine still in the research stage, it is difficult to keep oneself healthy in this situation.
While it is extremely important to maintain a high level of hygiene by washing hands, especially when exposed to the outside environment, wear masks covering the nose and mouth, and practice social distancing to avoid contamination, building immunity is also of paramount significance at this moment.
Data shows that people with underlying health issues like diabetes, heart problems, etc. are at a higher risk of complications now. It is also dangerous for individuals with a low level of immunity. This is a reason, the aged and the young ones are at high risk of getting infected.
There are certain steps that can be adopted to improve immunity. Yes, this may not ensure that the virus would not touch you. However, this would ensure that you can fight against the virus more effectively and come out a winner.
Let us look at what you can do to strengthen your immunity.
- Improve your regular diet. Include food items rich in vitamins A, C, D, E, and minerals like magnesium, selenium, and zinc that act as immunity boosters.
- Sleep well. Adequate sleep boosts your immunity, repairing the body from wear and tear.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking enough water flushes out toxins from your body. You may also choose to drink fresh fruit juices to boost immunity.
- Be regular in working out. Even if you are confined at home, do not skip the workout sessions that would again help you flush out the toxins from your system in the form of sweat.
- Stop worrying. Stress reduces your immunity level drastically. Practice meditation to keep your mind free from worries.
- Avoid smoking and drinking. Smoking weakens your respiratory system and alcohol reduces your immunity. Stay away from these to fight the virus.
Practicing these simple steps can build your immunity and help you fight your battle against the deadly virus.
Stay healthy. Stay safe.