As the festivals come near, all of us gear ourselves up for a cleaning spree. Yes, traditionally, this is the time for our houses to go through about of deep cleaning. For generations, we have been doing this exercise…taking out items that are otherwise ignored, moving furniture to see what has got stuck beneath or how much dust has gathered behind them. In short, we take extra efforts to get our houses ready for the upcoming festivals.
This year would be no exception. However, with work from home being the order of the day, it would be quite difficult to manage everything together. Also, one needs to keep in mind the health hazards that happen because of all the dust that keeps flying around.
We have listed a few simple tips for you to make the activity somewhat easier.
- Make a proper plan for the activity. It is better if you know what you have in hand well in advance.
- Take one room at a time. This would help you to stay organized and also motivate you to move ahead once you see the results of your backbreaking work.
- Break cleaning activity into short and productive chunks. This would help you to stay motivated.
- Decluttering and getting rid of the things you no longer use would help you keep your home clean.
- Use the right cleaning product. It is best to use chemical-free cleaning agents to make your activity eco-friendly.
- Keep the children away while cleaning a particular room so that they don’t fall sick with the dirt and dust around them.
Here are some more tips that are sure to come in handy.
- Soaking stinky clothes in a mixture of white vinegar and water (1:4) can help in making them smell fresh.
- Placing dryer sheets in trash cans would absorb spills and mask bad odors.
- Baking soda helps in getting rid of tea and coffee stains from mugs.
- A sponge dipped in washing liquids works well while cleaning walls.
- Remember to clean your cleaners. If you are using a vacuum cleaner, replace the bag, clean the dust cup and wash the filters.
It doesn’t matter whether you are a motivated cleaner or a forced one. Planning well and sticking to it meticulously would surely help you in doing the job without hiccups. You may play music while doing the chores. That’s sure to lift your mood up.
Happy cleaning! Hope you have a spotlessly clean home to usher happy times.
Visit Website for Row Houses: https://www.goelganga.com/asmi/