Summer, winter, autumn, spring…whichever the season be, pests create huge problems any time. From rodents to insects, these spread like wildfire and act as sources of infection. Yes, there are pest control agencies to take care of the menace. However, their services are quite expensive and time-consuming. Also, they mostly use harmful chemicals for the treatments. The best way is to take certain precautions on your own and use natural repellants.
Here are a few tips for you to keep your home pest-free :
- The first and foremost requirement is to stay vigilant for any sign of infestation. Since attics, lofts, kitchens are usually the areas where you experience these, keep an eye out by performing regular checks.
- Seal up cracks, fix holes, and cover the areas that may entice pests.
- Rodents usually follow the water, whereas mosquitoes need stagnant water to breed. Check any possible areas where water may accumulate. Leaking pipes, drainage, etc. should not be kept unattended.
- Keep your kitchen clean and tidy. Clean up after you cook and tidy up after every meal.
- Keep every corner of the house clean, as pests tend to breed in unkempt, dirty corners easily.
- Always keep trash in covered containers to avoid flies and mosquitoes
- Be mindful while you come back home after a walk. Pests like ticks tend to stick to clothing.
- If you have a pet at home, keep them clean to make sure they do not get ticks or other bugs.
Pest control at home gives you the option not to use harmful chemicals. There are several options available for that. We are listing a few below :
- Citrus Peels: Rub the peels on doorways, windowsills, shelves, and other areas to keep pests like spiders, ants, mosquitoes away.
- White vinegar: It is the perfect solution to stop invasions by ants.
- Herbs: Planting citronella, lemongrass, mint, etc. stops pests from getting inside your home.
- Cinnamon is also known to keep ants away.
- Use cucumber to keep moths, mites, wasps, ants, and silverfish away.
- Eucalyptus oil: It is the perfect solution for flies.
- Peppermint oil: It works well to keep spiders away.
- Eggshells: Known to keep lizards away.
Pests are part of nature. That doesn’t mean they have to be part of your home. You can keep your home free from them by adopting just a few simple methods.
Implement these steps and keep the creepy crawlies away.